Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Little Bio

Hey everyody! I have been in a power chair for three years so I know the struggle to get around and still do things. But I am also a writer and artist. With every bad thing that happens in life, good things come, too. So the adage is true. You know, the one about when a door shuts the window opens. Or whatever it is. lol

My blog is going to focus on things you can do! I will mention the things that I can't do also because that is a part of life, too. As much as we don't want to admit it. :-) We just have to learn how to handle it with the grace of God.

The last five years of my life have been extremely difficult especially since I got gastroparesis. Talk about a life changer. Gastroparesis is an incurable disease. It just means that my stomach is partially paralyzed leaving me incredibly nauseated, full, and hurting. Also, I can't eat much. The only thing I can is rice bread, rice chex, and sometimes wheat free waffles. So I have a j-tube to give me all the calories I need. There are like two meds for it. (Well, there a couple that you get only if you qualify because they have been taken off of the market. I don't qualify because of other health problems.) But I can't take any of them!!! I get really bad side effects. Sigh. Thankfully, I can take nausea meds which I do quite frequently. lol The only way to get through the day. Seriously.

I had to have TPN for two years, but I got free from it last November!!! Great news. It's because I had just gotten the j-tube, and it was actually working this time. My first one didn't cooperate at all. It was horrible....

In case you were wondering, a j-tube is a tube that feeds you through your small intestine. Mine is technically a g-j mickey because it goes into my stomach, but the j-tube goes all the way down to my small intestine. The mickey part just means that it's low profile. I don't have a tube hanging out of me all the time like I used to. I hook up a tube to me when I feed. Awesome, huh? I don't mind having it because I'm alive! A couple years ago I was 89 pounds and horribly sick and now I feel alive. So who cares, right? :-)

Because I wasn't getting any nutrition I was really weak and had to be in a power chair. I have Charcot-Marie-Tooth. Anyway, I've been doing therapy, and everybody knows I will be walking again! I just feel so much better and am way stronger than I used to be. So thank you, God!!! What a miracle.

My husband and I just got a dog from the Golden Retriever Rescue last March. She is the sweetest thing! I love her to death. She is def my dog. Her name is Kaylee, and she only has three legs. She doesn't know it! She's a super fast runner.

Ok, now you know the basics. I enjoy writing and painting. I'm hoping to make money selling children's story. If I sell a story you guys will be one of the first to know! I love to cook and bake even though I can't eat it. Hey, I can smell it! That's how I make up recipes for my husband, Ben. I go by smell. He said he likes the recipes I make up more than the ones I use a recipe for! So hey! Not eating food doesn't have to be a drawback for cooking. :-)

My husband is in the army. He will be home in just a couple of days from training. Yay! I've been missing him like crazy, but I did paint a lot. I'll have to post them next time. They aren't on the wall yet. lol I'll have to ask my friend to or wait till Ben comes. I did paint some Valentine things, though. Did I tell you I LoVe to paint? ;-)

Ok, guys leave me a comment. Let me know somebody out there wants to read my post. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment