Monday, April 5, 2010

Update

Mom will be here soon!!! Yay!!! So happy. Tomorrow Mom will take me to my first quilting class. Whoo hoo! I have to go pick up some fabric and a couple more supplies. My friend let me borrow her sewing machine until I can get one. So sweet of her. I'm going to make it a baby quilt. It's a rail fence quilt, and it will be the perfect size for a crib. I still can hardly believe that I'm going to have a baby! Our first child.... I can't wait till June when I find out if it's a boy or girl. So exciting....

I'm planning on going to see me my sister in heart in June. If for some reason, my health isn't that great, she will come here. As long as we are together, we don't care where we meet up! I'm so thankful for my wonderful friend. She really is the sweetest person. :-)

I'm rereading An Affectionate Adversary. Oh, that reminds me. I got my story back. It didn't sell. Sigh. They said the same thing, "It is not suited for our present needs.". Why??!!! My teachers love my stories.... They keep on telling me it's not the stories. I just need to keep sending it out to lots of different magazines. I'm going to send it to "Clubhouse Jr." tomorrow or the next day. We'll see what happens. I will be ecstatic if I ever sell a story.

Ben leaves for JRTC on Wednesday. I'm hoping to paint some canvases for the baby's room. :-) I'm making the crib stuff, curtains, and other things from Beatrix Potter material I found. I'll paint the pics to match. I'm so excited!!! Mom can help me sew the baby stuff. I also need to paint a banner a friend commissioned me to do and write my last story for school. I had to change my deadline because I've been so sick. I'm hoping to start working on it by Wednesday.

I got new wires on my braces, some thing that goes around my brackets (I chose blue), and rubber bands. I'm sore. lol It'll be gone in a few days. :-) At least I'm making good progress!!!

I'm watching the Duke game tonight. Go Duke!!! That's why I chose blue for my braces. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment