Friday, July 9, 2010

Vote for G-PACT!!!

Anybody who reads this and has a facebook account, please please vote for this charity. Here's the direct link: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/233092178-gastroparesis-patient-association-for-cures-and-treatments-inc 

I have gastroparesis along with 5 million others. Gastroparesis is partial paralyzation of the stomach so my stomach doesn't empty anything I put in it fast enough leaving me feeling really nauseated, bad stomach pain and abdominal pain, and feeling full and bloated after a small amount of food. It is a horrible diease robbing me of the joy of eating and drinking anything I want. The bad thing is the only drug the US allows us to use has bad side effects so most of us can't even take it!!! I am on lots of nausea meds everyday so I can drink and eat some food to keep my stomach from getting even worse than it already is. But I get most of my nutrition through a j-tube. A j-tube bypasses my stomach and goes directly into my small intestine. My small intestine is slightly delayed, too but not as bad my stomach. I used to be on IV nutrition. I had that for 2 years, and it was way more dangerous than the j-tube. I've been on the j-tube for a year. I had symptoms for a few years before I was diagnosed. I'm only 26 and had trouble since I was 20. It seems to come more to women especially ones in their 20s. I get so tired of going to the ER or being in the hospital.

Anyway, G-PACT is a small organization and really needs this $20,000 to help increase awareness. Please, please vote!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment