Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lots of News

The baby is still growing well!!! Yes! Anyway, he is 2 lbs. 11 oz. right now. :-) Also I can breastfeed! They can switch my one med to another after I've had the baby. I am so thrilled! I can't believe I actually can.... Makes me so happy. :-) It is so much better for the baby, and I'm all about making him healthy. The only problem is that the new med can make my asthma worse. So we will see.

I finished a banner,and she wants another banner with monkeys. lol I wasn't expecting that. Plus, I might have an order for a fall banner so we will see.... I need as many orders as I can get! Every little bit helps. :-) So here's the latest banner. It was taken outside so it is harder to see b/c of the brightness, but I was able to fix some of it so it isn't as bad as it was.


I've been busy with errands this week so I haven't had much time to get some of my projects done. I think I might start working on the toolbox I'm painting for one of our nephews. It will have Mario on it. I'm more in the painting mood right now, I think. But I am hoping to work on the tote bag this weekend. We'll see.

Ben is off tomorrow! Yay! Not sure what we will do, but at least he will be around. :-) Maybe we can play Wii. We did that the other night, and it was so much fun! We played the Mario one for Wii. You know, the one that came out last year around Christmas. I love that one. It's so much fun b/c you get to play together. I also like Mario Kart, and I want to play Super Mario Sluggers b/c I like baseball on Wii. Especially since I can't play it for real. I at least feel like I'm playing b/c I get to swing the bat! Too fun.

I have housing for Fort Hunter!!! They are giving me an already handicap house. It was built in 2006 and has three bedrooms and two baths!!! I was like, wow?! Really?! At first, they were going to give me a two bedroom b/c we will only have 1 child, but those houses are way too small for me with a power chair. Especially since they would totally have to revamp it for me. I am so thankful we will get one already ready for me! But there are some things they might still need to do that they didn't mention was done already. They said yes, make sure you mention everything I need so they can work on it. They are being so helpful and nice! :-) God has really blessed us with this. I have all the paperwork except for the doctor note saying I need modifications and which modifications I need. The woman said I can go ahead and send everything I have, and they will be put me on the list. I can't believe how quickly everything has come together! It is amazing. I know it is God working this all out. There is no other way.

I have a new provider to help me with stuff like taking me to appointments, going to the store, picking up my meds, and helping me with things around  the house. She is awesome! And so kind. She is a Christian, too. We hit it off immediately. She has 2 boys so she has great advice for me, too. Her name is Missy, by the way.

Missy is the one who gave me the advice of flying instead of driving to Savannah. I had thought about it earlier, but I wasn't sure if I should b/c of Ben having to travel alone. Plus, he would have to clean the house.... But Missy suggested paying someone to do it. Bingo! Great idea. :-) And then there is Kaylee. I would rather Kaylee go with me on the plane, and since it is winter she could go as baggage. It would be costly b/c I would have to by a big carrier for her and pay for her to go. But I would rather that. She would handle it better, I think. If I go to Dallas, I could get a straight flight to RDU which would make everything better. I wouldn't have to worry about Kaylee being accidentally put on the wrong plane, and I wouldn't have the problem of transferring to another plane with the baby. :-) Then I can stay there a couple days, and my parents could drive me down to Savannah to meet up with Ben. Hopefully, we can get into housing immediately and get all our stuff from the movers quickly. We are moving at a good time b/c most ppl move in the summer. So I'm just praying all that stuff works out well.

Lots of great new, don't you think? :-) Hope your day is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment