Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Surgery Again

So I will have my g-j mickey replaced Friday afternoon. Sometime around 1-4. The bad part is I can't feed until I'm done! I just went through a stomach bug and lost weight, but I have finlly gained it back!!! Thank you, God!!! I don't want to lose again b/c it was a hard hard battle to gain it back. :-) Anyway, they are planning on giving me IV fluids at least. So that's good. I will have it in the OR this time so they can monitor me better since I'm 6 months pregnant now. The OB will also send down someone to check the baby's heart rate before and after surgery. So Thursday I have the anesthesia appointment. My GI appointment got switched t next week - well, they are trying to switch it to next week. Good news! I finished the baby quilt!!!



Good news! I finished the baby quilt!!! It's a rail fence quilt, and it is my first quilt! I alternated green and blue pinwheels. So excited it's finished! I'm thinking of doing the Square Dance quilt next.




Also, I'm taking a class on how to make a tote bag with a pocket. That will be next week. I already have the fabric. I'm going to give it one of my sister-in-laws. I plan on making more tote bags as birthday gifts, too. :-)

I finished a commissioned banner on Saturday. I'm hoping Ben can send it out today. Here it is.


Here's my fall banner. I finally took the time to finish the little details on it.



I have another banner order I'm working on. It's for a little girl's room so it should be fun. I'm doing a smaller size. It'll be 10x15 b/c her name has 7 letters. Also, I'm adding ladybugs and dragonflies, and if I figure out how to paint lightning bugs, I'll be adding them, too. I've done the background color, and a coat on the border so I'm hoping to get the boring stuff done today so I can get to the fun of drawing and painting the dragonflies and ladybugs. ;-) Oh, I also have to draw her name, too. Letters are kinda fun to me. :-)

I've also been sewing some Christma gifts for the women I know. I need to finish my dad's gift, too. It's a painted figurine. Ben added the porch to the dollhouse, put the door in, and added the windows! It's coming along!!! I can't wait to make the furniture and stuff. I can see cute little lacey curtains in the widows.

Oh! I drew Peter Rabbit!!! I want to paint him so bad, but I need to finish this banner first..... But he's all ready now!!! So excited. I need to go ahead and add him to the paper so I can just paint right off.

Oh, no! I just remembered I was supposed to make a painting for Ben's work! Oh, man! I need to work on that ASAP! I have to decide what to put it on first. Ben kinda wants an Apache blade and a Black Hawk blade.... Sounds boring to me. lol I wanted to draw a sillhouette of both of the helicopters. But that's way more difficult. lol So we'll see. :-)

I'm off to work on the banner. Oh, I still haven't gotten my school assignment back, and I haven't heard anything from my story I sent out. Unusual to take this long with my school assignment, but not unusual for the story I submitted to the magazine. lol Ok, I'm going for real now. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment