Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Handicap Story

My friend and I went to Ross today, and I found a couple of really cute dresses. One was kinda like a buttoned shirt dress without the buttons. It was coral, had some ruffly detail around the neck, and tied in the back. I'm not normally a ruffly person, but it went with the dress. The other dress was a buttoned shirt dress with a belt. It was red and looked so 50s. I couldn't decide which one I wanted, and if I even wanted to waste money on it. So after we looked around, we went to the dressing room where lo, and behold someone was in the handicap room. As usual.

Well, Charity decided to look and see if there was another handicap room. I said there is always only one, but we looked anyway. And guess what? There were at least 8 available rooms! So by that time I was getting annoyed. But then again we didn't know if the woman was handicapped or not. I don't think I've ever waited, and it has not been a walking person, though. Anyway, we waited and waited and waited, and I felt sicker and sicker. My nausea always likes to beat me. Just when I was going to give up, out she walks. Perfectly fine, I might add.

Now answer me this. Why do the attendants or store managers for that matter let women who aren't handicap in a handicap dressing room. When I walked, it was slowly and with a limp, and I would use the handicap room. Not always. But sometimes. But I've never seen (or rarely seen) someone limping or with a cane or in a wheelchair come out. It's just women or women with strollers. Sorry but when did women with children become handicap? New one on me.

I know there are people who need the handicap dressing room that you can't tell are ill. It just seems like they need to make more handicap rooms or make sure you need one before you take one. Sigh. Feeling lousy doesn't help either.

On the bright side, I did get the red dress. :-) I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment