Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reading - It's What I Do

I reviewed my first book today! All you have to do is post it on one of your blogs and another website like amazon.com or christainbook.com and you get the book for free! I read about John Bunyan. It so made me want to read Pilgrim's Progress again. I have three other books to read and review. (These three are all fiction.) Since I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, I'll have a lot of time to read.  It's 30 minutes away and I'm taking the handicap bus and they always pick me up ridiculously early!!! They will probably pick me up at 7 in the morning. Yuck.... Well, I can be independent so it's worth it. Besides I do have a book this time.

I need to clean up the coffe table. It's full of my art stuff. The dining table has a few things on it, too. I can't stand a mess! Drives me nuts. If I have enough energy I'll dust. Don't know, though since I just washed oodles of laundry and need to fold it.... That's enough to wear me out!

I don't know when I'll be able to paint my spring banner. I'm dying, too. It just seems I'm to tired lately. I did get some good news today! I'm going to get a second opinion about having kids. Because think about it. My GI said it's ok. My neuro said it's ok. Those other guys were nuts. But not only that. I might need to see a fertility doc because I'm having problems.... Serious problems that the docs need to fix. LIKE NOW!!! Man, the medical world makes me so mad! If they would stop and think about what it would be like they might be kinder. C'mon people. I keep on praying for a miracle. But I'm also praying I accept whatever happens. I need God's help to get through all this uncertainty. I need God in everything!

Ben and I have been going through Changed Into His Image. It's sermons on dvd based on Jim Berg's book. The book is great! The sermons are awesome! And I'm finally memorizing Bible verses! I have such a hard time memorizing, but I'm extremely thankful for his help to get me started. :-) I know I need God's Word to come into my mind whenever I'm going through something. Plus, I need to rein in my thoughts so that I think right. Not just think about how I'm feeling. Oh, that's another sermon kit my hubs and I are doing. It's Quieting A Noisy Soul. It is so helpful and informative. I thank God for Christian leaders to help us!!! And for friends who love me enough to let me borrow it. ;-)

I'm going to go read my Bible and Changed Into His Image outside in my swing. :-) It's such a beautiful day outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment