Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sunny Day

Today was a brilliantly sunny day! We usually get lots of clouds or rain on the weekends. Don't know why, but it seems like a Texas thing. lol It took me a long time to wake up. I mean, I was up just not with it. lol But I woke up at one. That's when I took Kaylee on a walk. The sun was high in the sky just smiling down at me, giving me all the warmth it could. I gladly accepted it! I accepted it so much that I put summer clothes on and sunscreen so I age well (LOL), and sat in the swing reading. Ah, bliss. :-)

But I've been having more pain from my GP. It could be from my j-tube formula, but all I know is I don't like moving out of my fetal position.

I thank God for a sunshiny day, though! It cheered me up no end. God always knows what we need that will help us. Even something you might consider small, is a gift from God. A gift to help you through the tough times. A sunny day is what I needed. Feeling the warmth as I sat on the swing. Reading outside. Brushing Kaylee with the sun kissing my cheeks and the wind whispering around me. Seeing Kaylee jump into the swing without me in it and seeing her swing wildly as she desperately hung on for dear life. Getting smacked in the knee when Kaylee jumped off when I was still getting situated in my power chair. Ben bringing me a drink outside. Goofing off as Deanna Durbin sang "It's Foolish But It's Fun". Making Ben laugh.

God gave me so much today. I pray I keep on remembering to be thankful when the times get tough. God has not forsaken me. God is with me through everything. God loves me no matter what I do. God loves me even though I don't deserve it. Thank you, God for all you do for me. I hope and pray that God shines through me onto the ones around me like the sun did on me today. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment